What I see inside is a dragon with multicolored scales, and lots of mixed media elements for the fur. For this first try, I've used a polymer clay base and polymer scale applied onto it, with green tufted fur and multi colored wool. It was a lot of fun to experiment with, and I think I now have an idea for what I'm going to do in a smaller sized version. This dragon here is about 2.5 inches in height, not very tall but bigger than what I'm aiming for in my ideal version.
For my cat, I'm still playing around. I wanted to do a mom cat and her kitten(s) and I also wanted to work with the dark brown polymer clay that I have. I'm not sure if the face is looking like how I see it in my minds eye, so I'm going to hold onto this cat for awhile and make another few to see what develops. I used wool fiber that I applied by hand in clumps of different colors. ^_^
I did complete one item though, that I'm really pleased with how it came out. Its a Wild Thing Troll Monster that I posted up on Etsy for sale today. I am so pleased with how it came out, it was exactly what I was seeing in my mind with what I wanted to do, and I love the ears especially.