Thursday, April 07, 2011

oh Spring, stay stay stay!!!

My ideal scenario:  two weeks of sunshine, with each day gradually getting more and more warm!!!

Right now, spring seems to be a bit moody with blue skies one day and grey skies another.   Perhaps I just long for some consistency so I can catch a bit of wind beneath my creative wings!

I've been making some creations lately that are making me pretty happy.  I think I am developing a style that I didn't expect with some of the face sculpting, so the creatures are varying quite immensely at the moment.  I like that though, each one is a unique and original creation - no molds, no copying....just like us human's  ^_^

I've been featured in a few treasuries lately that are whimsical, I'm so pleased to be included in those.  My shop has also gotten a lot more favoriting this past week - that is really great.  Everything is going according to my idea of how I hoped this would unfold, nice and slow with a gradual following of folks.

If I was sold out of everything it would be rad, but I'd be scrambling to catch up and make things which would be incredibly stressful.  For me, I want it to be a fun profitable experience but mostly about having a space to create and share my art.....I'm going against the business mind here a bit, because I do value the experience rather than the outcome of it.

Good stuff !!    I saw today on Etsy's facebook page, that they are doing a celebration of April being poetry month.  They were asking folks to make a treasury based on a poem that they liked.  Of course, Mary Oliver's incredible poetry comes to mind immediately !!!  I was so excited, I made my treasury quickly and I'm so pleased with how it came out.

Here is a link to the treasury:  http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4d9e2208dbbd8eef75191098/sleeping-in-the-forest-by-mary-oliver

and here is the poem I chose,  "sleeping in the forest"

I thought the earth remembered me,
she took me back so tenderly,
arranging her dark skirts, her pockets
full of lichens and seeds.
I slept as never before, a stone on the river bed,
nothing between me and the white fire of the stars
but my thoughts, and they floated light as moths
among the branches of the perfect trees.
All night I heard the small kingdoms
breathing around me, the insects,
and the birds who do their work in the darkness.
All night I rose and fell, as if in water,
grappling with a luminous doom. By morning
I had vanished at least a dozen times
into something better.


Cheers,
HMB

No comments: