Monday, April 04, 2011

Sunshine, THANK YOU!


Things in monsterville are chilling out for the moment.  I'm slightly past my halfway milestone marker,  I have 29 little creatures that I can say are now done.  I'm currently furring several ones to be posted up in the next few days, I'm happy that I've gotten as far as I have.

I had a funny idea that I'm going to test out with my little miniature monster faces, of stacking them up as a group sculpture.  I'm going to give it a whirl next week and see how the creativity flows.  The only thing with all the warm sun, is that the temperature rises and my hands are warmer....not so bad, except it makes the clay I'm working with extra soft.  One slight misplacement of a finger or fingernail or tool and I've just lost something I sculpted. I can't tell you how many times in the beginning of doing these I lost a face shape because I wasn't paying attention to where I was holding the creature  >.<    I am much more alert when sculpting for the most part, its really critical to be constantly awake to where you are placing pressure on an unbaked creature.

The good weather has also brought upon my itching to get into spring cleaning, and I couldn't resist organizing my art area today.  I've noticed that there are key materials I keep reaching for and pockets of "dead space" in my shelf areas where I rarely venture to grab anything.  I switched everything around so that it flows better and what I'm using a lot is properly grabbable.  Just small changes but a huge improvement for flow, I'm so pleased.

I've finished this little Troll guy - to me he has a sort of sheepish and "ruh-roh" kind of look that is about to bloom.  The photoshoot was funny, my cats think I'm so strange now for putting the little creatures next to them these days.  Fun stuff!!

All is well !


:=o=:



Cheers,
HMB





No comments: